Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Stone Steps #3



What can I say?
 I love stone steps and I love building stone steps.
And here are more.


Please refer to my previous posts:
Stone Steps on March 7th
More Stone Steps on August 1st


These first 7 photos are from Spring St. Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
You can see more at: 
from October 17th.


These finished stone steps are not concrete.
But they look like it.






I looked at the cap stone above very carefully and determined 
that it was shaped stone and not poured concrete. 
Wow!




Above is from the Glen Burnie Gardens in Winchester, Virginia.
See my post from February 16th on Glen Burnie Gardens.


These last photos are of the steps leading to the Daniel Morgan House
 also in Winchester, Virginia.


The long stone to the left is most likely for dismounting from horses.


For more on Winchester see:
 from October 1st.
from October 17th.